Forres Groups Action
Ltd - Aims & Objectives
The main role of FGA Ltd. is to provide tangible support in the area as well as providing a networking service and moral support for volunteer organisations.
The volunteers at the hub, carry out a range of duties which are listed as follows:
• Preparation of Accounts
• Minute Secretary
• Company Secretary
• Poster/Flyer Design & Printing
• Secretarial Duties i.e. letter typing, Minute distribution, etc.
• Setting up and maintaining databases for memberships
• Bespoke IT Training
• Website Design
• Project Management & Administration
• Identifying potential funding streams using Funder Finder
• Assistance with funding applications
• Designing slide shows and Powerpoint Demonstrations
• Hiring out Presentation Equipment, Projectors & Laptops
• Window Displays
• Fax & Email Services
A list of achievements and developments which have been helped, to a greater or lesser degree by the efforts of FGA Ltd and its predecessors are shown below.
• Forres Skatepark
• Kinloss Crafty Cool Kids Club
• Forres Alternative Festival
• Landfull Arts Project
• Forres Community Woodlands Trust
• Forres’ Own Lottery
• The Dava Way Association
• Mundole Futures
• Continuation of FCAA Scottish Week
• The Hydrotherapy Pool Steering Group
• The Forres Community Web
Here are a few quotes from those who have both contributed to and benefited from the efforts of Forres Groups Action Ltd:
• The hub gives heart to a caring body
The lottery had been a four year ambition of the Forres Community Forum prior to the establishment of the Community Resource centre. Our volunteers did not have time to process the idea. When the Community Resource Centre was established, the problem was given to them and the idea was processed and actioned. The Forres Own Lottery operated for three years before closing.
Without the support, expertise and encouragement of Forres Community Action Group, Mundole Futures Community Company would not have been able to progress as far as it did.
• The hub is the central contact available during the working day.
Forres Community Woodlands Trust came into being to preserve woodlands in and around Forres for the community. When land came up for sale unexpectedly, the Forres Resource Centre became the hub of activity, supporting the Trust in its endeavours to raise the money to finance the purchase. Fundraising, administration personnel and the enormous enthusiasm of the staff was invaluable. Consequently the F.C.W.T. has used the F.G.A. office regularly.
• If Forres lost the Hub, we’d be losing the heart of volunteering in this area.